Sunday, October 4, 2009

Back blog 4...Ceviche!


The week I made ceviche the mahi mahi was on sale. I had a really fantastic ceviche at this great Latin-Asian fusion restaurant in Denver called Zengo. Theirs was a halibut ceviche, but I figured I could make the switch without too many problems.


I was honestly terrified to serve this. What if I served raw fish and it was gross? Or, even better, made me and my roommate terribly sick? Well, pointless fears! It tasted great. Maybe a little too much lime flavor, so that it overpowered everything else. And because I used a terrible knife, my fish wasn't diced as nicely/finely as I would have liked. But my roommate loved it, and I thought it was pretty good. I did this free standing, but it would have been a great starter for a Spanish themed summer dinner. Pair it with a crisp white wine.


Here's the recipe: www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/keith-famie/ceviche-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment