Sunday, October 4, 2009

Back blog 1... Beef! It's what's for dinner!

Okay, these back blogs are going to be short because they're things I've made in the last month and a half. So its really just going to be pictures, recipes, and anything I can remember about the meal.

And what I remember about this meal was that cooking the tenderloin was that it was impossible! I started out with the stove top grill pan. Looked great on the outside. Still moo-ing on the inside. Drat. So then I popped it in the broiler for, oh, a while. Now the narrow portion of the cut was cooked to a lovely medium, but the rest was still moo-ing. So we sliced it into 1.5" thick strips and put it back in the grill pan. FINALLY got it done. But, boy! What an effort.
Here are the recipes:
The pie: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/key-lime-pie-recipe/index.html

The menu was heirloom tomatoes (difficult to find at stupid Teeter/Kroger) and Buffalo mozzarella.
The entree was the beautiful and delish beef tenderloin with the tomato chutney, with asparagus and couscous sides. And for dessert was a fantastically simple AND totally delish key lime pie. I burnt the first crust I made CRAZY bad. Never burnt anything that bad before. So definitely ignore the crust instructions. When I redid the crust (because it was entirely not salvageable) I baked it for slightly more than half the called for time, and reduced my oven heat a bit. Aside from that little ish, I will make the pie over and over again, because it was so simple and praise worthy.

This was a gorgeously plated meal. Great colors for summer.






No comments:

Post a Comment