Sunday, August 22, 2010

Salad Week - Day 4 - Umm....avocado and tomato salad?

I'm learning that cooking can be quick, easy, and delicious. This tuna takes about 10 minutes. Think you can handle that?

1 teaspoon of Japanese Seven Spice (enough to coat each side of the tuna)
1/4-1/2 teaspoon coarse salt (enough to give an even spread of salt on each side)

Heat a non-stick skillet with grape seed oil. FYI: grape seed oil is my new favorite thing. Once the oil is hot, drop the tuna in. I had a particularly thick piece of tuna, so I did 2 to 3 minutes per side. But for a really good piece of tuna, like sushi quality tuna, I'd only do it for 30 seconds to a minute.

I served this with a "salad" of diced avocado, heirloom tomato, red onion, and lemon juice. Let's pretend like this keeps with the theme, okay? Thanks.

Overall, delicious and way easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment