Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Cookie Party!

I hosted a holiday cookie party study break. Holiday cookie parties are a fun way to see friends and then mix and match cookies and take a plate home. Great for study time!

I busted out my great grandmother's peanut butter ball recipe. It's my all time fave holiday treat.

Ingredients:
1 lb butter
3 tbsp vanilla
2 12 oz pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 blocks paraffin (I've never used the entire amount)
2 cups peanut butter
3 boxes powdered sugar

Directions:
Mix together the butter, peanut butter and vanilla.
Add 1 box of powdered sugar at a time to first mixture. Mix until crumbly.
Roll peanut butter mixture into small balls. Refrigerate until chocolate is ready.
Melt paraffin over double boiler and add chocolate chips, stir.
Use toothpicks to hold balls and dip in chocolate. Lay out on wax paper until solid.

They are kind of time consuming to make, because you end up rolling and dipping about 100 individual balls. I had three full cookie sheets worth. I'd allocate a good hour and a half to prep work and dry time. But they stay good and taste fresh for weeks, and are extremely crowd pleasing.

Oh, and you'll probably have extra chocolate for dipping, so buy some nice strawberries and dip them afterward. Or shortbread cookies! Good chocolate should not go to waste!

No comments:

Post a Comment